Hal-Con’s Volunteer Committee
Hal-Con is run by a team of awesome people who contribute their time and skills year-round to help run the biggest sci-fi and comic convention in Atlantic Canada. Nearly 50 people work on producing Hal-Con. The whole organization is almost 100% volunteer run and most of the committee stay for a few years. It’s no easy gig, and sometimes a bit of a thankless job – but we do our best to make it a fun experience. We have several postings available and invite you to apply.
– Quarterly meetings for entire committee
– Monthly or semi-monthly meetings with your team
– Average 10-12 hours per month
– Expectation of volunteering during the convention
– Admission to the convention
– Opportunity to peek behind the curtain
– Not-Quite-Monthly “mandatory” fun outings!
– Free or discount admission to year-round public and private events
– Opportunity for resume building, learning new skills, and making new friends
– Free (and pretty nice) committee volunteer shirt
– More warm fuzzies than you can handle
If you have any questions about specific postings, please email the contact listed on that posting for more information. Or, email email@example.com for general inquiries.
These are the currently available positions with the Board and Volunteer Committee: (click on a position for a PDF of the Role Description)
Open Committee Positions
- Sponsorship Coordinator (2019) (ongoing)