Hal-Con’s Board of Directors
Hal-Con is a non-profit organization managed and organized by a Board of Directors. These dedicated individuals work together to make high-level decisions about the organization and the areas that fall under their purview. As well as attending to the above items, they are also expected to:
– Attend monthly board meetings
– Vote on important matters and maintain the organization’s by-laws and policies
– Tend to matters throughout the year over email and phone
– Manage teams that fall under their purview
Ongoing Board Recruitment
Director of Outreach and Engagement
The Director of Outreach and Engagement oversees all aspects of current annual events and their committee teams, including the annual art show, reading series, costume series, Yule Ball, GameDev Atlantic, annual parades, and the Community Squad. As the Director of Outreach and Engagement, you will take the lead on yearly events, programming, and tracks as approved by the board of directors. You’ll partner with various groups and businesses to organize and collaborate on events.
All interested applicants must email email@example.com with your resume and a cover letter explaining why you think you’d be the right person for this position! Applications close November 30, 2020, and only those considered for the position will be contacted.
Hal-Con’s Volunteer Committee
Hal-Con is run by a team of awesome people who contribute their time and skills year-round to help run the biggest sci-fi and comic convention in Atlantic Canada. Nearly 50 people work on producing Hal-Con. The whole organization is almost 100% volunteer run and most of the committee stay for a few years. It’s no easy gig, and sometimes a bit of a thankless job – but we do our best to make it a fun experience. We have several postings available and invite you to apply.
– Quarterly meetings for entire committee
– Monthly or semi-monthly meetings with your team
– Average 10-12 hours per month
– Expectation of volunteering during the convention
– Admission to the convention
– Opportunity to peek behind the curtain
– Not-Quite-Monthly “mandatory” fun outings!
– Free or discount admission to year-round public and private events
– Opportunity for resume building, learning new skills, and making new friends
– Free (and pretty nice) committee volunteer shirt
– More warm fuzzies than you can handle
If you have any questions about specific postings, please email the contact listed on that posting for more information. Or, email firstname.lastname@example.org for general inquiries.
Ongoing Committee Recruitment
No positions currently available